General artwork requirement
- All BYO artworks must be ready for press and compliant to our specification
- Colours must be set in CMYK, no PMS colours accepted
- Convert all fonts and logo into curves or outlined shapes
- All images must be saved in CYMK at 300dpi or 350dpi
- “Overprint Fill” shouldn’t be ticked to avoid undesired output
- Images are best saved as tif format before placing it in the artwork
- Maximum 250% ink saturation to avoid back print, longer drying time and difficulty in trimming
- Keep all text and images at least 3mm away from the trim line
- For business cards and flyers, please use K100% border (stroke: 0.25pt) instead of crop marks, include the bleed as per different sizes, e.g. for 90x54mm business card, simply place your artwork in a 92x56mm border.
- When printing frames in artwork, make sure the stroke is not less than 0.2mm
Dimensions of artwork (in millimeter)
|Trim Size||Bleed Size|
|DL||210 x 99||212 x 101|
|A6||105 x 148||105 x 148|
|A5||210 x 148||212 x 148|
|A4||210 x 297||212 x 299|
|A3||420 x 297||422 x 299|
|A2||420 x 594||422 x 596|
|A1||840 x 594||842 x 596|
Invoice books artwork requirement
- Single colour printing, please make sure you use K100% for entire artwork.
- Try to avoid extremely thick or think lines, make sure all lines are not thinner than 0.2mm, and all fonts, graphs and tables are at least 0.8mm away from trimline.
- Use 0.4mm thick frame instead of crop lines.
- If perforating line and numbering are on the same side, make sure at least 1cm gap is there.
- Perforating line is best 2cm away from trim line.
- Six-digit numbering can not bear any prefix letter, numbers only. If a prefix letter or “No.” is necessary, make sure it’s included in artwork.
- If applicable, please indicate which side the thick cardboard writing pad should be fixed: top, left, or right.
Business card artwork specification
- Free trimming for cards smaller than our standard (90 x 54mm), please indicate the actual trim size in file name.
- Artworks should be arranged (from left to right) as FRONT – BACK – Front Spot UV – Back Spot UV, one card design per file.
- Artworks submitted will be best in Illustrator CS version (.ai or .eps)
- If spot varnish is applicable, simply create another artwork by duplicating the original design, delete unnecessary elements, and change whatever left to be varnished into K100%.
Booklet artwork specification
- Apply 3mm bleed each side, so A4 size artwork should be 216x303mm, A5 is 216 x 154.5mm.
- One page per file, page number must be shown in the file name.